Oct 27, 2014

[Recipe] Quick & Easy Dishes

I am no gourmet chef, neither have I the luxury of time to prepare elaborate meals on a daily basis. I'd usually go for simple quick-fix or easy dishes to make up our daily dinners.

Over time, I've picked up on the experience of meal prep with the least amount of time and effort. What's more important is not compromising on the nutritional value of the food while keeping the budget in mind at the same time.

So here's something I prepare regularly on our daily dinners. Oh, in case you didn't know, I only cook one meal a day (well usually, unless I am in the mood for "slaving" in the kitchen, which is rare these days).

I love to use ready teriyaki sauce, I used to buy Mizkan's thick teriyaki sauce until they stopped production, I then found this other thick teriyaki sauce by Kikkoman to be somewhat as good as Mizkan's.


Life gets easy in the kitchen when you have this bottle of sauce on hand. I make grilled teriyaki chicken and salmon a lot and they have been a hit with my family ALL the time!


All you need to do is to clean the chicken or salmon fillet thoroughly, pat it dry, sprinkle some pepper on top and spread this luscious thick sauce generously on the chicken or salmon marinate it for just 15mins. Pop it into the oven (preheated to 180C) or toaster oven (I love my toaster oven, as it heats up much faster than a regular oven), grill it for 20-30mins and voila! Serve it with a sprinkle of sesame seeds if you like and you are good to go!

Teriyaki Chicken Thigh
Teriyaki Salmon Fillet
Best part of preparing this, is I only need to rinse the baking tray with water, hah! Because, I laid a piece of aluminium foil on the tray and place the meat/fish on a piece of parchment paper before sending it into the oven. Talk about time & effort saving! 

2 comments:

  1. Guess you know what I"ll be cooking in my oven tomorrow eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Adora do try the teriyaki sauce it's so convenient! :)

      Delete