Jul 15, 2014

Grocery Haul This Week

Grocery shopping is a weekly routine for me. Due to a lack of inspiration, I haven't been preparing any fancy dinners for the past week or so. All we had was just one pot meals on most days of the week, with a few nights of take-away dinners (oops! definitely guilty as charged!).

Now that we are back to a regular school week, I have a wee bit more time to make plans and work on a proper meal plan and grocery shopping list. Life is more organised when I get to sit down to do some planning.
Inspiration has been mainly drawn from these cook books for our dinner this week. Simple is the key, easy to prepare is of utmost importance, best if it requires the barest minimum cleaning and washing!
I enjoy the process of cooking and baking but seriously, I detest all that washing and cleaning it takes a toll on me. I have to spend a good 20-30 minutes washing pots, pans, plates/bowls, cleaning up the stove area and counter tops... oh I am exhausted with just the thought of that.

Anyways, let's talk about something that excites me more than the washing up!


I relish days where proper meal plans are done up and grocery list are in place because that means there can be loads of savings made! Since the groceries are done for the week, it's a load off my chest.

This week's groceries only cost me not more than $50!
And I am so proud of myself for not adding into my basket things I didn't account for! *yaay*

How can grocery shopping be complete without a nice fancy grocery bag? I love my handmade grocery bags. They are simply useful and best of all, I love how these grocery bags are reversible!

Oh! Just in case you are curious, here's the meal plan for this week's dinner (not fancy, I know) -

  • Monday - Prawn Paste Chicken Wings and Chinese Spinach with Oyster Mushrooms stir-fry
  • Tuesday - Vegetable & Tofu Medley (a variety of 10 different ingredients) and Prawns with Glass Noodles
  • Wednesday - Steam Fish in Lemon Sauce and Stir-fry Broccoli & Beef
  • Thursday - Taiwanese Style Bento: Grilled Chicken Chop, Stir-fry Mushrooms and Bok Choy
  • Friday - Vegetarian Ee Fu Noodles

Will share the recipes as the week goes along or maybe I'll have them typed out by the end of this week.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Pauline. Will be great if you update your grocery list every week. I'm sure it helps lots of readers in their planning as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lena, thanks for dropping by here :) yes that's my intention too, to post my grocery haul more regularly. Will try to do that as often as I could :)

      Delete